UK Bebras Challenge Finals 2016
Elite and Seniors on 21st and 22nd January
Intermediate and Juniors on 18th and 19th February
The aim of the Challenge:
Solve as many problems as you can in 45 minutes.
You are not expected to finish!
The problems come in three levels of difficulty: A, B and C.
The "A" problems are the easiest. "C" problems the hardest.
You can find a problem's difficulty in the problem overview before you click on it. The difficulty of a problem determines how it will be scored.
The scoring rules are as follows:
|A||+6 points||0 points||0 points|
|B||+9 points||-2 points||0 points|
|C||+12 points||-4 points||0 points|
Additional information for the finals:
First, second and third places will be allocated based on the overall points scored.
The overall winner in each age group will e determined by the following rules:
- The competitor with the highest score wins.
- In the event of a tie, the competitor with the least wrong solutions will win.
- If there is still a tie, the competitor with the most C category tasks correct will win.
- If there is still a tie, the competitor with the most B category tasks correct will win.
- If there is still a tie, the competitors still tied will be declared to be in joint first place.
Getting a top position is a bonus – you have all done fantastically well to make the finals. Have fun!
Ready to get started?
Click on Challenges in the top menu, choose the right challenge and... enjoy!