UK Bebras Challenge 2015 – finals 15-16th January!
The aim of the competition is to correctly solve as many problems as you can in 45 minutes.
You are not expected to finish! There are even more problems to solve than in the first round.
Remember: there are penalties for getting the wrong solutions in the more difficult questions.
These competitions test your logic and computational thinking skills through different types of fun and challenging problems.
The problems come in three levels of difficulty: A, B and C.
The "A" problems are the easiest. "C" problems the hardest.
You can find a problem's difficulty in the problem overview before you click on it. The difficulty of a problem determines how it will be scored.
The scoring rules are as follows:
|A||+6 points||0 points||0 points|
|B||+9 points||-2 points||0 points|
|C||+12 points||-4 points||0 points|
You may change your answer at any time, and complete the problems in any order.
For all problems you will have the option to erase your answer. This option appears as the last option in all multiple-choice problems.
You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge. You will see a timer indicating how much time is remaining.
Additional information for the finals:
First, Second, Third places will be allocated based on the overall points scored. The overall winner in each age group will be determined by the following rules:
- The competitor with the highest score wins.
- In the event of a tie, the competitor with the least wrong questions will win.
- If there is still a tie, the competitor with the most C category questions correct will win.
- If there is still a tie, the competitor with the most B category questions correct will win.
- If there is still a tie, the competitors still tied will be declared overall winners.
Winning is a bonus – you all have done fantastically well to get here. Have fun!
Ready to get started?
Click on "Challenges" in the top menu, choose the right challenge and... enjoy!